Friday 9 September 2011

Rainbow Party

My pastor and his family returned home yesterday from the USA after 3 and a half months, where they have been spending time will some ill family members - a Welcome Home party was most definitely in order!
So after a bit of brainstorming we decided a rainbow party was the way to go.

We held it at our church, which has an amazing coffee bar and lots of room.
We had fruit punch and many, many, many varieties of multi-coloured treats.

I made rainbow cupcakes, an idea I had seen on Cheezburger and when I found little rainbow astro belts in an old fashioned sweet shop I knew I needed to give them a try.
I used already coloured royal icing and then white buttercream for clouds.


I also made a rainbow cake. I had lots of help from my friend Cat - 6 cakes was a bit adventurous. The icing ended up a bit sloppy which was very sad.


A big jar of rainbow sweets


 and lots of rainbow coloured fruit and chocolate for dipping.

My friend Nicola made some lovely rainbow marshmallows and coloured cupcakes.


We all worked together to make a welcome home gift....
A WORDLE.
I love these things - my sister discovered them around Christmas last year and we made one for my mum. They are so simple to make but look AMAZING! In a word document you type in words that have meaning to the recipient, we used family names, favourite holidays destinations, food and songs. Then copy and paste into  WORDLE. The more times you type a word the bigger it will be, you also get lots of options on layout, font and colour. You do need to print it straight away as you can't save wordles.  
We asked guests to come in rainbow colours and well the winner - perhaps not for his choice of rainbow wear but for his completely mental outfit -  was Joel.
Check this bad boy out!
 It was great having the family back, although very jealous of their tans. I hope they enjoyed the rainbow party as much as we all enjoyed putting it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment